Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dirty 30

David and I signed up to run this "adventure" run together but then he had to work, so my dad stepped up and took his place in the run.  The dirty 30 is a 5K run with 15 obstacles which include mud pits, ice pits, climbing walls, climbing stacks of tires and lots of knee deep mud.  Oh and its a belly crawl to the finish (see below).  We had a great time and I was really impressed with my 50 something dad, I could barely keep up.
The ropes on this wall are about 6 feet off the ground.

MUDDY belly crawl to the finish.

I literally ran up these muddy hills a couple times and slid all the way back down.

I really enjoyed today and as I drove there with my dad it was a bit nostalgic reminding me of early morning races, soccer games or triathlons that my parents would take me to.  I hope that I can carry on and do the same with my girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment